Saturday, April 14, 2012

Quick Breads - Lemon Cranberry

Last week I made use of some extra lemon juice and zest I had from another recipe I had made by making some quick bread. I got the recipe from "Old Fashioned Bread Recipes" by Bear Wallow Books. You can find these books at various places, usually gift shops. I think I got mine from the Ozark Folk Center State Park in Mountain View, AR. I made the following adjustments:
  • I only had about 1-2 tbsp lemon juice, but I did have 2 tbsp lemon zest. I was hoping the zest would make up from the juice, but in the end it wasn't as lemony as I'd hoped.
  • I made up for the missing liquid provided by the lemon juice with vanilla. Don't know that I tasted that much.
  • Sprinkled in some poppy seeds for fun; maybe about 1 tbsp.
  • Also threw in some dried cranberries for fun, maybe a bit less than 1/2 cup, which ended up being plenty.
  • Did not do the glaze, but should have as it's not too sweet on it's own. It's not bad by itself by any means, though.
Sadly didn't get any photos of the sliced bread :(

Wet and dry ingredients

Batter looks good! Think I shoudl've mixed it a little less though.

Mmm.

Wrapped it up in plastic wrap after it cooled to help keep it moist.

No comments:

Post a Comment