Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

I greatly enjoy Pinterest, like many girls out there. It's pretty fabulous. It's also a fabulous way to waste time, haha. Anyways, not that point. The point is, I've made a few items I've found on Pinterest, and last week I made this!
The Best Banana Bread You'll Ever Have - A Cup of Jo
Well, I came upon this, and it was perfect because I had two rotting bananas I needed to deal with. I ended up modifying the recipe a little:

1. Only 2 bananas - though the volume seemed to be about right
2. I used vanilla instead of lemon juice (and doubled it to make up for the potential lack of moisture from the bananas)
3. Don't like bourbon, but I had rum on hand
4. No walnuts, as I was expecting a nut-allergic guest I was hoping to share some with
5. I had a dark non-stick pan, so I lowered the temperature to 325 F and ended up baking for 50 min.

At first I though it was too dry, but once it cooled I wrapped it up in plastic wrap, and the next day it was perfect. Not so great out of the oven. I used some Ghirardelli 72% dark chocolate chips, and they were a bit overpowering. I almost used white chocolate chips, and I think I will do that next time to let the banana flavor stand out a bit more.

My photos...




No comments:

Post a Comment