Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Roasted Radishes

Once upon a time, I got some radishes in my CSA. I admit - I do not like radishes. When I was little, sometimes I'd take one out of the garden and draw on our white fences with it. It leaves a pretty pink mark. I do give radishes that; they are quite pretty. In any case, I looked for a way to eat these without being sad, and I found something! Roasting them is quick and simple, and they taste great. Success! I roughly followed this recipe from Bon Appetit, found with my Epicurious app. Here's what I did:
  • Preheat oven to 400F (This ended up being a bit hot - I will do 375F next time)
  • Use small radish quarters - mine were about the size of a quarter or golden dollar.
    • I also used some summer squash - cut these into small circle or semi-circles.
  • Spray baking sheet with olive oil lightly, arrange radishes, spray these as well.
    • Don't add squash yet.
    • If you don't have a mister, you can toss the radishes in a bowl with a little olive oil.
  • Bake radishes for 7 minutes, stir them a bit to get different sides to brown, add squash, bake 7 more minutes.
  • Add a little salt or seasoning! I used some green onions cooked in my lemon balm compound butter for a dressing - it was wonderful! I ate a few radishes before coating them, and they were great - many possibilities.
Here's the photos!

Little radishes - I probably had about a cup's worth

This one was the tiniest - so cute!

A few green onions to cook in the compound butter.

Radishes ready for roasting.

Squash!

I melted the compound butter on low.

Radishes halfway done, turned, squash added.

Sliced green onion cooking on low in the compound butter - amazing!

Roasted vegetables getting ready to be mixed with onions and butter.

Pretty!


And delicious :)

No comments:

Post a Comment