Thursday, July 26, 2012

Kale Chips

Kale chips are an increasingly popular item to make, and here was my first effort. This recipe was included with our CSA newsletter, and can be found on this website. I used some flavored olive oil I had for a little extra flavor, and regular salt. Mine came out a bit scorched, so I think next time will lower the heat or the cooking time. They also came out a bit oily, but that's likely my fault. They just need a light glaze of oil. Spritzing them with a mister might work well.

Kale ready to go! I just cut off stems and halved some of the larger ones along the main vein since my leaves were small.

Tossed in olive oil

They look a little sad, huh?


Fairly tasty, and very easy to do...next time a little less oil and heat :)

No comments:

Post a Comment